Sometimes my long training runs are long. Like really long. I’m talking three or four hours. And while I’d love to say that I can zen out in silence during this amount of time, the truth is that much of that time is spent catching up on podcasts. And when I get tired of people talking in my ear, I switch over to music.
I recently got turned on to soundcore’s Space A40 noise cancelling earbuds. What’s so cool about them? Well, here are a few of my favorite features:
- First and foremost, they have 50-hours of playtime (this includes time charged in the case). This means that I’ll be able to use them during my 250K stage race in Mongolia and won’t need need to charge the case all week. Good thing as I won’t have any way to do so!
- The left and right earbuds can be programmed separately with different functions (through the handy soundcore app). In other words, I can program the left earbud to play/pause with a single tap and then program the right earbud to do something different with that single tap. While I usually only wear one earbud at a time when I run, this function is helpful when using both earbuds, like on a plane. This gives me some flexibility without having to pull out my phone to make changes to whatever I’m listening to.
- These fit snuggly in my ears and never feel like they’ll fall out. Though I’m using the tips that came with them out of the box, they come with a variety of sizes so you can maximize the comfort in your ears.
- Unlike those white things that a lot of people put in their ears, these are pretty well-hidden as they sit in your ear rather than hanging over your lobes. I muuuuch prefer this style.
Pro tip: If you have these set to one tap for the play/pause, you might notice they’ll turn on simply by removing them from your ears. I learned that in the first couple of days of wearing these. I would pause the audio when I walked in the house from my run and then set the earbud down while I was doing something else (like making a smoothie). I’d then hear “someone” talking and it was my podcast. I had inadvertently turned it on when I took it out of my ear. I addressed this issue by requiring a 2-second-long tap to the earbud for play/pause.
If you’d like to win your own pair, you can do so in a couple of very easy steps!
1) First, make sure you’re subscribed to my newsletter. (I’m gonna check so don’t cheat!)
3) Then, leave a comment below or send me an email to let me know you’ve done the above.
Yeah, it’s a few steps, but it’s $100 prize and it only takes a few moments. Really!
* Approximate value for a pair of Space A40s is $100!
* Contest closes at 11:59 pm PST on April 30, 2023 and the lucky winner will be chosen on May 1, 2023.
* Items will ship to a randomly drawn winner anywhere in the word! Winner will have three days to reply once being notified. If no response, a new winner will be chosen 🙂
OH – and if you’re not feeling like you might be a lucky winner, you can order a pair (or two!) right now and get a 20% discount. At checkout, use the code: Wanderlust&Lipstick
Mila P. says
Hi Beth thanks for sharing the info on the soundcore buds. I started following you on my Instagram. Good luck with your training.
Bari Ewing says
Cool earbuds. Following you.
Nancy Froman says
Those look great for working out at the gym and long walks in the park – traveling, too! ???
Eva Mack says
Get the newsletter …follow the site
Alethea Smartt says
I’d love to win these to use for long travel days, like the 48-hour adventure I just had flying from Nashville, TN to Galapagos!
Kathleen Clarke says
Already follow you on Instagram and subscribe to the newsletter!
Krista Shultz says
Love your newsletter! Would love to win the earbuds:)
Jackie Dana says
You’re going so many places! I’m so jealous. ? Someday, maybe my schedule and budget will allow me to join you. Take care!
Cathy Frederick says
I have followed the steps and am excited to see if I’m a winner!!!
Done and done!
Ginger Schwicker says
Hello Beth, all the trips planned look fantastic and the earbuds would be fun to win. Best of luck in your races!
Colleen Crowley says
I know I get your Newsletters and I tried to sign up to follow you on Instagram, but I think I was already following you!
Just want to reiterate my interest in Cuba in 2024. I’m hoping the timing is not Jan-March.
Cheering you on for your next Ultra- Mara!
Hello Beth. I am already subscribed to your e-mail but through the prompts I have updated my profile. One day I hope to travel with you but until that time I enjoy your work and inspiration.
I now also follow you on Instagram
I’d love to be added to the drawing for the headphones and if I am a lucky winner I’ll be able to listen to your podcasts while I’m out enjoying my daily walk in the woods.
Hi Beth, These have been on my shopping cart for a while. This might be the push I need. Good luck everyone. -Jen
nina weiss says
hi! i think i checked all the boxes! @theothernina99 my $40 amazon ear buds just died a tragic death 😉
I’m a current subscriber and I follow you on instagram! (@rusthawk1)
Susan Malenbaum says
Please enter me to win the ear buds! I subscribe to the newsletters and follow you on Instagram.
Joanne McMullen says
I’m on your email list and I just started following you on Instagram. I would love a pair of earbuds, especially with the noise cancelling feature. Finger crossed!