WanderFood Wednesday: Healthy Breakfast, Almost

( July 28th, 2009 )

Aerie Breakfast

This was my attempt at eating somewhat healthily at the breakfast buffet. I say “attempt” because I was lured by the sticky sweet pastries that were right next to the oatmeal.

This top photo was taken at the restaurant at the Aerie Resort on Vancouver Island, where the meals were only slightly surpassed by the views from the grounds.

On the second day of our visit, we ordered our breakfast in-room which proved to be slightly more healthy and equally as delish.

Aerie Breakfast Room Service

If you’re a newbie, see more about WanderFood Wednesday here.

Join WanderFood Wednesday by adding your link below.

Comments
On July 29th, 2009 at 10:18 am, jessiev said:

yum! i must say, though – i’d still be hungry.

On July 29th, 2009 at 11:46 am, Heather on her travels said:

Those hotel buffest are great to try a little of what tempts you – if you’re on holiday, why not?

On July 29th, 2009 at 12:12 pm, wanderfood said:

Oh – you don’t think that’s ALL I had, do you, Jessie? :-)

On July 29th, 2009 at 12:22 pm, Sheila Scarborough said:

Thanks for setting up and running WanderFood Wednesday – I have a soul food place for you next week!

On July 29th, 2009 at 2:29 pm, Rachel Cotterill said:

I love breakfast more than is strictly reasonable… ;)

On August 5th, 2009 at 4:44 am, Myscha Theriault said:

Great food gathering, Beth. Heading off to tweet about it right now. Nice posts, everybody.

On August 19th, 2009 at 7:25 am, Akila said:

I am excited to add my post to Wanderfood Wednesdays. I love the idea and it is great to find so many other travelers writing about food.

1. Enjoy a Greek wine-tasting at Oenolpi winery on Zakynthos - Heather on her travels on July 29th, 2009 at 12:26 am
  2. WanderFood Wednesday: Healthy Breakfast, Almost - WanderFood | India today on July 29th, 2009 at 1:33 am
  3. Austin Rocks: Sunday Bluegrass Brunch at Threadgill’s | Perceptive Travel Blog on July 29th, 2009 at 12:26 pm
  4. 10 Tasty Ways to Use Canned Corn | Financial Freedom on August 6th, 2009 at 1:31 pm