wanderdad, zambia 1969

by wandermom
( November 21st, 2008 )
zambia-1969 WanderDad, Zambia 1969 Sometimes, for Photo Friday, I try to choose a photo which compliments the theme I've been following in my blog posts that week. Other times, a photo posted by another blogger participating in this fun weekly round-up of photos from all over the world influences my choice. And then there's times when I find that I've been chasing my tail all week long and it's all I can do to find just one decent photo to round out the week with some degree of finesse. I save the noteworthy photos from my (meager) collection for times like that. I think this photo fits the bill: the WanderDad at not-quite-two, in rural Zambia with a mammoth snake. Stunning. For more Photo Friday fun, check out Delicious Baby. Related posts (more travel photos): San Francisco For Thanksgiving Street Art in Park City Photos From Paros Subscribe to this blog using RSS, email or follow me on Twitter. Add to Technorati Favorites Tags:, , , , 11 comments

Comments
On November 21st, 2008 at 3:21 am, globalgal said:

Wow. I can’t stop staring at this photo. What an intense moment!

On November 21st, 2008 at 10:07 am, marina said:

what a great, and a bit unnerving picture! I’ve got one of a father son team too:)
Photo Friday: Rock Climbing in Costa Rica

On November 21st, 2008 at 10:42 am, Linda (minnemom) said:

At not-quite-two he was much braver than I’ll ever be!

On November 21st, 2008 at 12:10 pm, jamie said:

Holy shit.

On November 21st, 2008 at 12:49 pm, Caitlin said:

That’s brilliant! It’s not only a great photo but I love the fact that you’ve gone retro. I’m totally going to have to dig up old photos from childhood holidays.

On November 21st, 2008 at 1:21 pm, TravelswithBaby said:

I prefer them behind glass—especially when showing them to my kids. YIKES!

On November 21st, 2008 at 5:15 pm, Heatheronhertravels said:

Wow, I hope that snake was friendly

On November 21st, 2008 at 5:39 pm, Dominique said:

wanderdad looks more curious than scared. What a brave little dude :)

I doubt I have anything even half as interesting in my childhood travel photos!

On November 24th, 2008 at 10:23 pm, Quickroute said:

Great photo – so much going on there on different levels

On November 25th, 2008 at 9:11 pm, wandermom said:

Hi folks! Thanks for leaving your comments. It is a stunning photo, isn’t it?
As for me, I can’t claim to have had such an exotic childhood experience – I didn’t leave Ireland for the first time until I was 15!
@marina: love your son and Dad climbing photo. Too cute (and thankfully, lacking in snakes).
And yes, @Quickroute, there is so much going on in that photo. Wait until you see the ‘kids-in-aran-sweaters-under-african-sun’ photo. That’s even more loaded.

1. is there a snake theme here? - WanderMom on February 12th, 2009 at 10:08 pm