Knolling is the wonderful process of arranging things neatly. At first blush, this may sound like something you need to do this weekend (ahem, my house is currently a stye) but it’s much more exciting than that. Knolling usually involves related objects, and they have to be neatly arranged in 90 degree angles. I learned about knolling from my designer friends (you guessed it!). After discovering knolling, I, (admittedly) have to suppress the urge to knoll everything. My most recent power knolls? My backpack, the contents of my glovebox, and my dog’s toys (yes, the dog was included).
So, how is this possibly related to food? The glorious people of the world knoll food! And take photos! For those of you who may be new to the knolling phenomenon, I’ve curated a list of Food Knolling – 10 of the best pictures for your perusal. Enjoy. Even better, if you’ve knolled anything recently, post it in the comments!
1. This beautiful array of knolled sandwiches, from MessyNessyChic.
2. This wonderful knoll of fruits, from krasivo-sil-net.
3. The beautiful images from Jimmy Grants, if only all restaurants showed us their plates, deconstructed!
4. Refinery29 even used a grid!
5. Devon Hosford made a beautiful recipe on Behance, and knolled all the ingredients.
6. Emilie Blincoe takes beautiful photos, and so much food knolling. You all know how much I love pickles, especially organized pickles.