WanderFood Wednesday: Islands Dining in Orlando

( October 5th, 2010 )

Islands Dining Restaurant Orlando

I know. I’m mostly vegetarian. Sometimes vegan. And on occasion eat fish or seafood. I’m a flexitarian, I suppose.

While in Orlando last month, I had the chance to meet up with a representative of Loews Hotels and we had a fabulous meal at Islands Dining Room, located at the Royal Pacific Resort.

At the suggestion of our waiter, I had the salmon bento box (above). This included glazed salmon, rice, a fresh spring roll and veggies.

And if that wasn’t enough, we had sushi roll appetizers that included crab, cream cheese, shrimp, cilantro and rice. Not only was it tasty, but it was SPICY (in a good way!) and it was lovely to look at.

The Islands Dining Room has Indonesian-leaning decor with a Pan Pacific menu. I was expecting gado gado, but instead found more sushi than Bali treats. Regardless, it was still good!

Please join WanderFood Wednesday by adding a link to your food-related post. If you’re a newbie, see more about WanderFood Wednesday here.

Life’s Short, Eat Well!

Comments
On October 6th, 2010 at 1:01 am, Nicole said:

Looks delicious! I love bento boxes. :)

On October 6th, 2010 at 4:17 am, Mara said:

My kids would love that bento box. And I assume there are opportunities to purchase fruity drinks there? Yum!

On October 6th, 2010 at 6:16 am, Stephanie (Food Freeway) said:

Okay, I’m not usually a fan of sushi, but that bento box looks delicious!! Yum!

On October 6th, 2010 at 7:12 am, Krista said:

Wow! That looks delicious! I’ve never had a bento box, but now I know what I have to look forward to the next time I see it on a menu. :-)

On October 6th, 2010 at 2:00 pm, goodnessbaker said:

Now I am very hungry!

1. Caipirinhas on Ometepe « A Dream Made Truth on October 6th, 2010 at 12:57 am
  2. Breakfast at the Heavenly Biscuit in Fort Myers Beach on October 6th, 2010 at 4:15 am
  3. An Autumn Lunch In Amsterdam » Rambling Tart on October 6th, 2010 at 7:14 am
  4. Asheville With Kids: Cookies & Coffee on the Double Deck Bus | The Q Family Adventures Travel Blog on October 6th, 2010 at 8:23 am
  5. WanderFood Wednesday: Islands Dining Desserts - WanderFood on October 19th, 2010 at 9:35 pm
  6. WanderFood Wednesday: Islands Dining in Orlando « Loews on February 28th, 2011 at 1:18 pm