WanderFood Wednesday: Cheeseburger in Paradise

( May 4th, 2010 )

Veggie Burger

Sometimes ya just gotta have a little slice of “home” when you’re traveling.

I ducked into a small cafe in Hoi An, Vietnam, and ate myself silly with this veggie burger and fries. Yum oh yum!

Please join WanderFood Wednesday by adding a link to your food-related post. If you’re a newbie, see more about WanderFood Wednesday here.

Life’s Short, Eat Well!

Comments
On May 5th, 2010 at 5:33 am, Myscha Theriault said:

Vietnam . . . still need to get there. Speaking of veggie burgers though, Johnny Rockets has them. So if any vegetarian folks are looking for more places they can eat out with the rest of the gang, they can add that place to their list.

On May 5th, 2010 at 5:45 am, dimsumdiary said:

I know exactly what you mean. We discovered a burger place in Beijing and though we’ve only been twice in one year, it’s so nice to know it’s there when we have a craving for home.

On May 5th, 2010 at 5:50 am, Wendy (The Local Cook) said:

I normally love to eat local food when I’m traveling, but you’re right – after a few weeks pizza starts to sound pretty good :-)

On May 5th, 2010 at 5:51 am, Liv said:

I had the best veggie burger of my life here in Dublin; chickpea, red pepper, and potato. Never was much of a meat burger fan, but I crave those veggie patties. The one you got in Vietnam looks spectacular! Much easier on the cholesterol.

On May 5th, 2010 at 6:46 am, Ashley said:

Ahhh a good juicy burger some days it doesn’t get any better than that! We live in Italy & a good proper burger is hard to come by! Always best grilled! Thanks for sharing you’re making me hungry!

On May 5th, 2010 at 7:18 am, jessiev said:

looks fantastic! hey if you’re ever in duluth, head to fitzger’s and have their wild rice burger. the BEST burger i’ve ever had!!

On May 5th, 2010 at 9:19 am, Stephanie (Seared) said:

Oh that looks delicious! I always have those little hankerings for food from home when I’m away – how much more simple and tasty could it get? Yum!

On May 5th, 2010 at 9:22 am, Stephanie said:

Those fries look amazing. I’m always in search of great fries. I can find some here in DC, but a trip to Viet Nam would be cool too.

On May 5th, 2010 at 3:44 pm, Nancie (Ladyexpat) said:

This looks amazingly good. Living or traveling away from home definitely makes me crave for something like this once in a while.

On May 5th, 2010 at 4:50 pm, Carrie said:

I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve never tried a veggie burger. I like the real thing too much, and my husband has perfected the art of blue cheese burgers.

This DOES look tasty though, and it’s in Vietnam. I’m impressed.

On May 6th, 2010 at 1:45 pm, Hugging the Coast said:

That burger looks mouthwateringly good!

1. Potato Famine? My Arse. « I Eat My Pigeon on May 5th, 2010 at 5:54 pm