Rocking out at Sea-Tac: airport rocking chairs

by Beth Shepherd
( February 24th, 2012 )

Beth in a Sea-tac rocking chairHere I am, at Sea-Tac airport, putting the “R” in R&R right before our trip to San Diego. That’s ‘r’ for rest, ‘r’ for relaxation and ‘r’ for rocking chair. Yup, you read that correctly: rocking chair.

Seattle is one of several airports to put rocking chairs in their terminal. I’ve heard you can find rocking chairs at airports in Boston, Houston, Charlotte, Philadelphia and many other cities. At Sea-Tac, the rockers are situated by the giant window in the Central Terminal. You can grab some java or a snack and rock out, watching planes coming and going, and maybe even a sunset (or sunrise) or two.

These chairs are uber popular. In fact, I had to keep my eyes peeled for the moment that one was vacated. The second I spotted a free chair, I grabbed my carry-on and my husband and headed over to rock my cares away while we waited for boarding time.

Does it look like I’m ready to start my vacation? You betcha!

Sea-tac rocking chair

Want to see more that’s easy on the eyes? Check out DeliciousBaby Photo Friday.

Comments
On February 24th, 2012 at 9:31 am, Anwar said:

I have sat in the rocking chairs in Philadelphia before. Very cool wait to get ready for your trip!

On February 24th, 2012 at 2:04 pm, Beth Shepherd - Pampers and Pakhlava said:

Philly too…awesome. The only trouble is that I didn’t want to get out of the chair and into the cramped airplane seats!

On February 24th, 2012 at 9:10 pm, Terumi Pong said:

Lucky you scoring one of those chairs! It looks comfy-I’m going to have to keep an eye out for them next time I’m at Seatac.

On February 24th, 2012 at 9:54 pm, Beth Shepherd - Pampers and Pakhlava said:

They are comfy…best seat in the house!

On February 27th, 2012 at 8:05 pm, Nicole Sheets - WanderChic said:

Those chairs make a long layover not so bad. Much better than plastic food-court-y seats! I wouldn’t object to a hammock, either. :)

On February 27th, 2012 at 8:31 pm, Beth Shepherd - Pampers and Pakhlava said:

A hammock is a brilliant idea!

1. Rocking out at Sea-Tac: airport rocking chairs – Pampers and … - rocking-chairs on March 20th, 2012 at 12:46 am