Vancouver is one of Canada’s most popular cities to visit. The city’s close proximity to the ocean and mountains gives it a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere, and makes it great for outdoor recreation.
Take advantage of Travel Coupons in planning your Vancouver vacation, and check out these activities below.
1. Take a walking tour of Stanley Park – Enjoy a sanctuary within the city. The park is a premier city attraction, with a bevy of activities for both young and old, including a 10.5-kilometer perimeter seawall, a children’s water park, a heated ocean side swimming pool, the Theater Under the Stars, the Vancouver Aquarium, the Children’s Farmyard, the Miniature Railway, beaches and much more.
2. Play in the snow – Vancouver ski resorts are known to have snow cover all year round because of their high elevation. Hit up Whistler, the famed venue of the 2010 Winter Olympics, or slide over the snow at Grouse Mountain, Mount Seymour or Cypress Mountain, all about 30 minutes from the city, and enjoy “winter” any time of the year.
3. Hike the scenic mountains – Enjoy the great outdoors and go hiking or trekking at Mount Seymour or the other mountains near the city.
4. Explore Granville Island – This enticing island in the middle of the city is filled with captivating attractions. Browse through fresh produce and souvenirs at the public market, dine in the waterfront restaurants, catch a show at the theater, see artisans at work and pick up something for your collection, treat the kids to delightful time at the Kid’s Market. Take a boat or ferry ride around the island for a unique sightseeing tour.
5. Get a natural high at Capilano Suspension Bridge – Walk across this 450-foot-long bridge that rises 230 feet above Capilano River. The park offers a rare blend of adventure, history and culture in a rainforest setting. Try the Cliffwalk or the Treetops Adventure for utmost excitement while enjoying nature close to the city.
6. Take a hop-on/hop-off ride – Enjoy an overview of Vancouver on a convenient tour via vintage double-deckers and retro open-top buses or propane fueled trolleys. These buses and trolleys stop at more than 20 different city sights including Stanley Park, Gastown, Granville Island, Robson Street and English Bay.
7. Stroll through colorful gardens – Visit one of the beautiful gardens around the city and enjoy a day of vibrant hues and fragrance. The more popular ones are Butchart Gardens and Van-Dusen Botanical Gardens, both with seasonal entertainment offerings and dining facilities for a casual meal in a cozy, unperturbed atmosphere.
8. Dip in the Pacific waters – There are several beaches to enjoy a day out in the sun, especially between July and August. Go for a picnic while relaxing on the shores of English Bay, Kitsilano Beach, Second and Third Beaches on Stanley Park, Sunset Beach, the Spanish Banks or any of the other beautiful beaches around.
9. Go whale watching – See whales, sea lions, seals and the diverse marine ecosystem in the wilds of the Pacific on an exciting tour offered by a number of local tour companies.
10. Go on a winery tour – Visit lush vineyards just outside of Vancouver. Many offer tours around the grape farms with fantastic views, give overview of wine making and feature wine tasting.
These are only a few of the many things to see and do while in Vancouver. See more, do more by getting more value for your money with Canadian Coupons.
Vancouver: Alan Bruce