There are few things worse than being stuck on a plane for an extended period of time. Especially if you’re in coach class. In the middle seat.
But, it’s the hazards of flying.
To ensure that you’re feeling at the top of your game when you travel, there are some things you can do during that flight that will help you stay healthy.
1. Drink water and lots of it. Steer clear of alcohol and caffeinated drinks as these will dehydrate you and ultimately make you feel worse.
2. Skip the airplane meals and carry your own food. You have to pay for most in-flight meals these days anyway. Take some time before your trip and make your own sandwich, salad or other healthy snack.
3. Lather up on lotion to keep your skin hydrated. Make sure that the lotion you use isn’t overly-perfumed as it might bother other passengers.
5. Carry lip balm to keep your lips moisturized. I always dab a little under my nose, too. I’m convinced it keeps me from breathing in germs!
6. Avoid sleeping pills. They’ll make you overly drowsy once you arrive at your destination. You’ll want to be alert when going through customs (if traveling abroad) and navigating a new city or country.
7. Stretch often during flight. Deep vein thrombosis (a blood clot) can kill even the youngest of travelers. By walking the aisles or stretching in your seat, you can avoid this.
8. Request your seat when you book your flight or as soon as soon as you’re able to check in online (24-hours in advance). This will allow you to potentially get the type of seat you are most comfortable sitting in (for me it’s the window, for others it might be a bulkhead).
Following these simple tips will help you feel great upon arrival.
Woman sneezing: macfarlandmo
Woman doing yoga: Lulumon