I’ve always said I’d make a million bucks if I could create the perfect way for women to carry their money and passport.
I think Dovetail Travel in Peace might have come up with what I’ve been wishing for for years.
There are 2 body bands that are part of the Dovetail collection. They include a waistband that wraps around your hips (left) as well as the wing in which you insert your arms through the loops and the pocket sits against your back and over your bra.
I’m not sure that either of these are meant to replace your money pouch (which you normally would want to have easy access to) but both are great options for times when you want to keep your valuables safe and won’t need to access them at places like border stops or in a bank.
I can already think of times in the past when I wished I’d had something like this:
- On my motorcycle trip through Central America when I stashed money in a half dozen places in case a thief discovered one (or more) of my hiding spots.
- During overland trips in Papua New Guinea.
- Walking around markets in Paris, Rome, Saigon and Delhi – where pickpockets run rampant.
While the body bands look small right out of the package, each of these stretch enough so that a passport can easily fit inside.
So… wanna win your own?
Throughout February, you can enter to win your very own set of Dovetail Body Bands. Three lucky winners will be chosen on March 1, 2012.
You have TWO CHANCES TO ENTER!
1) Sign up for the Wanderlust and Lipstick newsletter. This goes out just once a month and your information is never shared.
2) Sign up for the RSS email feed (see the “subscribe me” box at right) to receive an email each time I post to this blog (usually no more than 3x per week).
Subscribe to both and you’ve got 2 chances to enter this month.
Oh, and be a good egg… forward this along to someone whom you think might like to enter and win their very own set of Dovetail Body Bands.
Approximate Value: $48/set
This contest closes at 11:59 pm PST on February 29, 2012 and the lucky winners will be chosen on March 1. We can only ship to North American addresses (sorry!).
The winner will have 3 days to respond before another winner is chosen.