You can be in the running for a $100 gift card from American Express, simply by telling me about your favorite restaurants in the New Orleans area!
Over the past 2 weeks, you’ve been helping me plan a long weekend get away, courtesy of American Express. First, the consensus was to send me to New Orleans. Then you guided me with some places to stay. And NOW, you can help me eat!
So, with the 150,000 points that have been added to my AmEx card, I’m flying to Cajun country (50,000 points for the flight). Because I couldn’t resist the chance to stay in the heart of Cajun country where I could easily venture to zydeco and Cajun performances, I decided to stay at at the Old Castillo Bed and Breakfast in Lafayette (55,000 points).
And now, because a girl’s gotta eat, I need a few suggestions for meals! And guess what, you might be rewarded for helping me!
Just leave leave a comment with your ideas about places to eat in the New Orleans area and you’ll be entered to win a $100 gift card from AmEx.
We’ve got about 45,000 points to work with on the food front and here are my thoughts around meals:
- Though I’m mostly a vegetarian and sometimes a vegan, I will allow some seafood into my diet when I travel.
- Meals don’t have to be Michelin-rated. I love local specialties, roadside stands and anything that will help me meet the locals.
- I’ll likely have a rental car and I don’t mind driving well outside the city of New Orleans or Lafaytte for something authentic and interesting!
- Please check the Pay with Points site to see if your suggested restaurant is actually available.
I can purchase a $100 OpenTable gift card for 12,500 AmEx points. A couple of these cards will give me the chance to enjoy some incredible meals. Here are a few restaurants that struck me:
- Jacmel Inn – Louisiana Contemporary Cuisine in Hammond, LA
- Dante’s Kitchen – Wide range of Louisiana cooking in New Orleans
- Burnadette’s Restaurant – Fine French and Cajun cuisines in Burnside
Have a different idea on how I can use my AmEx points? Check out these restaurants on the OpenTable site and then let me know what you think!
You can also check out the American Express Membership Rewards site. Heads up that this is a bit more limiting in terms of options meaning there are fewer restaurants listed and many are chains.
Once you’ve come up with a good recommendation for restaurants or you like one of the options I’ve mentioned above, leave a comment and tell me where to eat. It’s that easy. You’re then in the running for the $100 gift card from American Express!
Rules – In order to qualify for the the $100 gift card from American Express, an email must be entered for each comment so that we may contact you. Only one email/person per week, please. You may, however, enter each week for the 3 weeks for a total of 3 tries at winning. Multiple entries in the same week will be disqualified.
Each week’s contest will be closed at the end of the 7th day of that week’s post. Dates are July 11, July 18 and July 25 at 23:59 PST. (This means you cannot go back and enter your suggestion for Week 1 if you discover the contest during Week 3.)
A random winner, based on all 3 week’s comments, will be chosen on July 27th.
Winner must reply within 3 days of being notified, otherwise, a new winner will be chosen.
OK, tell me where to eat…