Writing on the web, I follow a lot of blogs and sites covering different aspects of travel. Earlier this month I shared my favorite travel blogs for twenty-something travel and decided to start a monthly round up of the most interesting travel links I’ve found relating to Gen Yers.
You’re really going to enjoy these…
- World’s Most and Least Expensive Cities for Sightseeing – The Telegraph – I’m not a big tour person, usually preferring to figure out places and activities on my own, but I do like the hop-on, hop-off bus tours in big cities. Doing one at the beginning of your stay helps you get oriented and figure out where you’d like to return to spend more time. Now the Telegraph has broken down prices for these bus tours in some of the world’s most-visited cities.
- 6 Tips for Making Solo Travel Amazing – Women’s Health – #3!
- 10 Trips You NEED to Take in Your Twenties – BuzzFeed – Watch this with a grain of salt. It’s cliche and based off of nothing, but the real point is to go ahead and make that trip you want – whatever and whenever it is – HAPPEN!
- Packing Like a Flight Attendant – Short Stops – From the newest Wanderlust & Lipstick blogger, Ellie Geronikolos.
- The Genetics of Travelling – This Battered Suitcase – A beautiful look at mother-daughter trips.
- The 30-Something Traveller – This Battered Suitcase – And another from Brenna…because a lot of us are going to transfer into this category soon…and it really doesn’t matter what age you are.
- 10 Random Things I Always Travel With – Paper Planes – Okay, so this is one of my own, but all twenty-something travelers should travel with a pocket knife! (For opening bottles…)
- Dominating the world (or maybe not) – C’est Christine – Your twenties are spent trying figure out what you want your life to be like, and Christine does a great job sharing those types of discoveries with grace and a sure sense of self.
- You Can Come With Me to BALI! – Anywhere but Home – This sounds incredible – best of all, it’s being run by another twenty-something who’s always mixing work and travel!
- The Next Great Travel Writer’s Contest – GoAbroad – Like traveling? Like writing? Want to add to the vacation fund? Check out this contest with a $1,000 first prize!
What have you been reading this month? Share your links in the comments below!