Living in Thailand the past couple years, I’ve learned a thing or two about traveling and surviving in the Land of Smiles and surrounding countries. (Though I still haven’t managed to make it to Burma or Bali yet!) Many of these insights I’ve shared here at Gen Y Wanderer and also on my personal blog, Paper Planes. Looking for Thailand travel tips? Here’s the best posts all in one place:
Thailand Travel Tips and Resources
- 5 Go-To Sites for Southeast Asia Travel – Planning a trip? These sites will help for planning and booking.
- How to Pack for Southeast Asia…and What to Leave Behind – Always the big question – this list will help you know what to bring and what you’d never wear in this hot, humid part of the world.
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Thailand – People here are nice, but there are plenty of ways to piss them off…
- Tips for Your Thai Visa Run to Laos – If you spend a lot of time in Thailand, chances are you’ll have to do a visa run at some point – keep these things in mind before you go.
- How to Not Kill Yourself Riding a Motorbike in Thailand – It is possible. I’m living proof.
- 5 Websites for What’s Happening in Chiang Mai – Check out these sites to get off the tourist trail.
On Paper Planes:
- How Much Does it Cost to Live in Thailand? – Thinking about moving here? Here’s a breakdown of living expenses.
- 7 Ways to Save Money Traveling in Thailand – With one of tips being to drink whiskey – you know this list is going to be good!
- Surprising Money Sucks in Thailand – Yes, it’s cheap…but there are still several things that will have you wondering where your money went.