5 Reasons to Treat Yourself to a Spa Getaway
By Rissa Gatdula-Lumontad
Feeling restless and stressed out? Then it’s time to give yourself a breather. Why not head out for a health spa break for your next vacation? Here are 5 reasons why you absolutely should treat yourself…
1) Take time off from work. When you are burned out at work, you become less efficient and less productive. Your batteries need recharging. Escape to a destination spa and you will surely feel re-energized and in a better state of mind to tackle the challenges at work when you return.
2) Take a break from the family so that you can return refreshed. Remember the airplane analogy? The flight attendant demonstrates that you need to put on your oxygen mask first before you assist others. This translates to needing to take care of yourself first before you can be of help to others. Sometimes, the demands at home can be nerve-racking and you need a respite. You’ll find going to a spa a great pick-me-up such that you’ll return home with a better disposition. Your family will surely appreciate you more for it!
3) Go on a girlfriend’s getaway with your mother, daughter or best friends. A spa holiday may be the best way to reconnect with the important women in your life. Getting relaxing treatments, taking yoga classes or just lazing on a beach together will certainly enhance your relationship and bring you closer to each other. Plus, you will all return feeling the women power!
4) Start a healthier lifestyle. Gained some weight or feeling the years getting to you? Try the wellness programs offered by spa resorts. Many offer programs that teach you how to eat healthier, cook wholesome foods and do yoga and other exercises for your total well-being. You can bring home lessons learned and be fit, heathly and happy long-term.
5) Boost your mood. The hectic pace of our world today can make any woman feel down, which can manifest not only in the way you look but also in the way you interact with others. A massage will help increase your brain’s dopamine and serotonin hormones, which will make you feel good. Of course, any spa facial or other beauty treatment is a bonus! When you feel beautiful, you feel good about yourself. And when you feel good about yourself, you emit good vibes and exhibit a better attitude.
So what are you waiting for? Let the charming, delightful woman in you emerge! For the ultimate spa vacation, check out spa deals available in the UK. You can benefit not only from the spa experience but also from the eclectic mix of cultural and natural attractions.