5 Health Tips for Travelers
These health tips for travelers will help you stay healthy while on the road. It’s actually not as hard as it might seem. Taking a few precautions can make all the difference!
1. Prepare a first aid kit - Prior to your departure, pull together a number of items that you might need in a pinch. Include such things as sunscreen, pain relievers, mosquito repellent, bandages, tweezers, etc.
2. Carry medications in original packaging – If customs or other authorities search your bags, you’ll want everything properly marked so there is no question about the authenticity of your prescriptions or supplements.
3. Immunizations and prophylaxes - Check the Center for Disease Control’s website well before your departure date to determine which, if any, immunizations or other medications you’ll need to take in advance. Some countries have requirements before you enter the country while other countries only have recommendations.
4. Eat well - Even though you’ll be tempted to do otherwise, one of the easiest things you can do to keep your energy and spirits up while you’re traveling, is to eat right. Skip all the sugar, cut down on the carbs, and eat whole foods such as nuts, fruits, and juices rather than soda.
5. Exercise - Keep up your routine if you exercise regularly at home. Stay at a hotel with a gym or pool. Walk everywhere. Take the stairs. Don’t let the extra travel pounds sneak up on you because you’re eating more than usual.
Woman doing yoga: lulumon athletica