WanderFood Wednesday: Old Wives’ Tales – Portland

( October 26th, 2010 )

Old Wives Tales Portland Breakfast

Though this kinda looks bland and all one-color-ish, it was nice and spicy and a great way to start my day in Portland.

This is a tofu scramble from Old Wives’ Tales and was loaded with veggies. A side of fruit and a vegan whole-wheat English muffin and I was set for a good part of the day.

Please join WanderFood Wednesday by adding a link to your food-related post. If you’re a newbie, see more about WanderFood Wednesday here.

Life’s Short, Eat Well!

Comments
On October 26th, 2010 at 9:37 pm, Sarah V. said:

I’ve never tried a tofu scramble before. I should! If it’s spicy, I’m sure I’d love it.

I wrote about breakfast also…the perfect scrambled egg. :)

On October 26th, 2010 at 10:23 pm, Kristina said:

I’m a relative latecomer to the love of tofu, but I’m working on it! I love it mixed with eggplant in any kind of Asian recipe.

On October 27th, 2010 at 4:47 am, Mara said:

I’m a huge fan of migas (scrambled eggs and tortillas), which always look kind of bland and beige like this but are truly delicious. I’ve never tried scrambled tofu though.

On October 27th, 2010 at 8:02 am, Angela (Travel with a Purpose) said:

Oh, I love this place! I have a great memory of going here with a childhood friend just before Halloween back when we were in grade school. Her Mom brought us there for “field research” for that year’s Halloween costumes…we were going as hippies! Seriously though, their food is wholesome and lovely.

On October 27th, 2010 at 8:25 am, wandering educators said:

sounds like a place we need to visit!! delicious!

On October 27th, 2010 at 8:34 am, Stephanie (Food Freeway) said:

Yum! I’ve never had a tofu scramble, but that looks great!

On October 27th, 2010 at 12:19 pm, Food Lover Kathy said:

This looks like a hearty way to start any day.

On October 27th, 2010 at 9:04 pm, Nancie said:

This looks delicious. I love scrambled tofu.

1. Halloween treats around the globe on October 27th, 2010 at 4:45 am
  2. Wanderfood Wednesday -- A Taste of Nova Scotia in Korea | Budget Travelers Sandbox on October 27th, 2010 at 9:02 pm