WanderFood Wednesday: Curried Rice

( July 20th, 2010 )

Indian Yellow Rice

If you could look past the flies and other insects crawling around, this sure was a lovely cart of rice that I discovered in Agra, India. (Though I definitely wouldn’t recommend eating from this street vendor.)

This was likely a curried rice, though I can’t say for sure. There were lots of other vendors around with equally beautiful presentations (and an equal number of bugs) of these simple dishes. Be sure to check them out on the busy streets near the Taj Mahal.

Please join WanderFood Wednesday by adding a link to your food-related post. If you’re a newbie, see more about WanderFood Wednesday here.

Life’s Short, Eat Well!

Comments
On July 21st, 2010 at 6:47 am, Krista said:

It IS a beautiful presentation. :-) Too bad about the bugs, though!!

On July 21st, 2010 at 8:21 am, Sheila Scarborough said:

Thanks for the chance to participate. I found no bugs on my slice of Bayou Goo from House of Pies. :)

On July 21st, 2010 at 7:27 pm, Sarah V. said:

How beautiful with the yellow, red, and a splash of green!

On July 21st, 2010 at 8:37 pm, Stephanie (Food Freeway) said:

Beautiful!

1. Boston Soul Food | Ottsworld Travel Experiences on July 21st, 2010 at 5:17 am
  2. Friends, Appetizers and Four Kinds of Dessert » Rambling Tart on July 21st, 2010 at 6:41 am
  3. Gowalla and Foursquare lead traveler to House of Pies | Family Travel Guide on July 21st, 2010 at 8:26 am
  4. Bavarian food from Germany | Heather on her travels on July 21st, 2010 at 1:08 pm
  5. Dear Ireland, « I Eat My Pigeon on July 21st, 2010 at 4:37 pm