WanderFood Wednesday: Molly Moon Ice Cream

( May 19th, 2010 )

Molly Moon Ice Cream

Summertime… and the living is easy.

At least when you visit Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream in Seattle!

This neighborhood ice cream parlor actually has 2 locations – in Wallingford and on Capitol Hill. And both always have a line of people streaming out the door. With good reason. At Molly Moon you can be sure you’ll find interesting flavors that seem to change every time you visit.

A few examples are:

• Starburst

• Honey Lavendar

• Cardamom

• Theo Coconut Kiss

• Salted Caramel

Nmmm Nmmm.

Bonus facts about Molly Moon: There are always 2 vegan sorbet flavors available at their locations for you non-dairy types and the company does their best at sourcing locally made products for their ice cream!

Summer’s here. What’s YOUR favorite ice cream?

Please join WanderFood Wednesday by adding a link to your food-related post. If you’re a newbie, see more about WanderFood Wednesday here.

Life’s Short, Eat Well!

Comments
On May 19th, 2010 at 4:03 am, Margo said:

I’m a big fan of the salted caramel, if I was choosing from this menu. In general I go for homemade peach or strawberry. (wow, I better go eat breakfast now – thankfully, there’s no frozen yummy stuff in the freezer :)

On May 19th, 2010 at 5:27 am, Sherry Ott said:

Cardamom ice cream…YUM! It’s my favorite spice and I normally try to put it on anything – including my coffee! But ice cream…that takes it to a whole new level!

On May 19th, 2010 at 6:19 am, Myscha Theriault said:

Looks like another great food carnival. That ice cream looks yummy. We just indulged in an ice cream maker to start trying out our own healthy versions at home. But those flavors look awesome. I haven’t managed anything but strawberry sorbet at home.

On May 19th, 2010 at 6:59 am, foodfreeway said:

That looks so delicious! I am an ice cream fiend, so you know the way to my heart :) The coconut one sounds amazing!

On May 19th, 2010 at 7:12 am, Our Private Kitchen said:

Wow, that looks fantastic! My favorite is either mint choc chip or peppermint. My husband and I will be taking a vacation in August and we’ll be stopping in Seattle. I know one more stop we’ll be making!!

On May 19th, 2010 at 7:40 am, Stephanie said:

I want salted caramel ice cream. I found caramel cheesecake ice cream at my local supermarket (Stone Ridge Creamery brand), but it’s never as good as fresh.

On May 19th, 2010 at 9:03 am, Angela (Travel with a Purpose) said:

I haven’t yet been to Molly Moon’s, because I’m always daunted by the queue. But I just learned you can also get it at the little Ballard gourmet convenience store called Snacks! I’m there!

On May 19th, 2010 at 9:20 am, pam said:

I don’t usually have anything to add, but just this week, I was overwhelmed and amazed by global food in Renton’s Auto Row. No, really! Now, off to click these links…

On May 19th, 2010 at 9:45 am, amy d said:

MM’s salted caramel is by far my fave. Add a topping of melty, gooey, hot fudge. A match made in heaven! My only wish is MM would bring back the S’more sundae (graham topping + marshmallow creme)!

On May 19th, 2010 at 2:46 pm, abroadvolunteers said:

I swoon for Molly Moon’s salted caramel ice cream,but for flavor faves in general, I like Pistachio and other nut-based flavors. Can anyone confirm the rumors that MM is going to have an ice cream truck this summer, and if so, does anyone know its route? (Fingers crossed it comes to Fremont!)

On May 20th, 2010 at 2:52 am, Nancie (Ladyexpat) said:

Summer for me means ice cream season. I would have to try the salted caramel first, and then slowly (or quickly) work my way through the list.

On May 25th, 2010 at 10:35 am, Chris (Amateur Traveler) said:

Are you game for game?

1. Asian Grocery Stores in America | Ottsworld on May 19th, 2010 at 5:25 am
  2. When Worlds Collide « I Eat My Pigeon on May 19th, 2010 at 6:36 pm
  3. Wanderfood Wednesday — Sipping $400.00 Chinese Tea | Budget Travelers Sandbox on May 20th, 2010 at 2:46 am
  4. Saddle Peak Lodge – Restaurant Review – Malibu, California | The Amateur Traveler Travel Podcast - best places to travel on May 25th, 2010 at 10:36 am
  5. Family Food: A Provençal Spring Dinner « Hip Travel Mama: Seattle travel expert. Luxury family travel guide. Luxury hotel reviews for families. on February 3rd, 2013 at 4:20 pm