WanderFood Wednesday: Carb Lovers Unite!

( April 27th, 2010 )

Buffet Breads

Who’s not a carb lover? Sure this would put anyone into a carb coma, but SO WHAT?!

This was a buffet at the Mai Chau Lodge in Vietnam. It was simply incredible! In addition to all these amazing bread and pastry options were fruits. And fruits. And fruits.

Fruits at Mai Chau Lodge

One of the many food items that makes me think of Vietnam when I’m back at home is Laughing Cow Cheese! You know, those little wedges of “cheese” that don’t need to be refrigerated! You can see them above to the left. Love ‘em.

Please join WanderFood Wednesday by adding a link to your food-related post. If you’re a newbie, see more about WanderFood Wednesday here.

Life’s Short, Eat Well!

Comments
On April 28th, 2010 at 4:13 am, Rye said:

Great! The foods in Vietnam looks delicious and yummy….. I feel hungry watching at the pics:)

On April 28th, 2010 at 4:45 am, Myscha Theriault said:

Those are some serious carbs, indeed! There was a similar buffet at a place we stayed at in Costa Rica. It’s such a delight when the hotels take their complimentary breakfasts seriously, don’t you think? Yum!

On April 28th, 2010 at 7:27 am, Nancie (Ladyexpat) said:

I love crab! This looks like a delicious buffet.

On April 28th, 2010 at 8:16 am, Laura Byrne Paquet said:

A day without carbs is like a day without sunshine! Looks delicious.

On April 28th, 2010 at 8:33 am, jessiev said:

what a hoot! i am full just looking. thanks!

On April 28th, 2010 at 1:03 pm, Stephanie said:

That all looks so amazing!! I think I’ll go home and make some bread. And cookies. And muffins…. and cake.

On April 28th, 2010 at 4:46 pm, Carrie said:

Oh yum! Just that one comment professes my love for carbs. I do my best to stay away, but photos like this don’t make it easy. In my case, it’s out of sight, out of mind. :)

By the way, I’m really enjoying this series. Great idea, Beth!

On April 29th, 2010 at 1:07 am, Nancie (Ladyexpat) said:

I’m sitting here laughing at myself. When I originally read your post I thought you had written CRAB not CARB. I was wondering where the crab was, and decided you must have eaten it before taking the photo….(blush). It still looks like a good buffet with our without crab!

On May 2nd, 2010 at 7:26 am, ricki@tripbase said:

i like that cheese too! but i do find it creepy that it doesn’t need refrigeration.

1. Wanderfood Wednesday — An Oh So Tempting Balinese Snack — Tempe Manis | Budget Travelers Sandbox on April 28th, 2010 at 7:24 am
  2. Calzone as Big as Your Head | Amateur Traveler Travel Blog on April 28th, 2010 at 4:48 pm