The world community comes together today to celebrate the great planet we call home. There’s a mind-boggling amount of coverage to enjoy, but the point is to get out and join the fun! Here’s just a few highlights for the travel-minded…
- Learn about inspiring Earth Day celebrations in Ethiopia, Bulgaria, Spain and around the world at Gaiam Life.
- Envirolink has a good history of Earth Day, which turns 40 this year!
- How is Earth Day relevant now? Has it gone the way of greenwashing? Join the discussion over at National Geographic.
- Check out the Earth Day travel deal posts at Moneycrasher, Smarter Travel and Gadling and snag yourself a discount.
- The Travel-eco-nomics Report released today by Cheapflights looks to “happily dispel the myth that green travel is more expensive”.
Now get outside and enjoy Earth Day, wherever you are!
Search the Earth Day 2010 Action Center to find an event near you.
Photo Credit: lyssaLEGEND