Gestures from the heart: In memory of my sister

by Beth Shepherd
( February 14th, 2013 )

me and Caren

In memory of my sister, Caren

April 15, 1962—February 14, 2013

On Valentine’s Day, with so much attention focused on the the glitter of romantic love—chocolate, wine, roses, romantic dinners and extravagant gestures—we easily forget how much love lies in the grit of everyday life: friends and family who stand by us through challenging times, loved ones who care for us when we are ill or hurting. These gestures—from the heart—are love in the truest sense of the word.

Comments
On February 14th, 2013 at 12:57 pm, Beth Whitman said:

Oh Beth. I’m so sorry. You’ve been through so much over the last few years – my heart goes out to you.

What a wonderful sisterly bond you must have had.

Hugs.

On February 14th, 2013 at 1:31 pm, Marilyn Weissman said:

I know her memory will be a blessing to you, Beth. And I also know you were a wonderful sister to her! Take care of yourself and your family!

On February 14th, 2013 at 3:01 pm, Michelle Croom said:

Beth – my sincere condolences. My heart goes out to you & your family!

On February 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm, Karla Ogilvie said:

Beth
So sorry for you’re loss. No amount of words can adequately asage the feelings of grief and sadness. Take care of yourself
Karla

On February 14th, 2013 at 6:56 pm, Sherri Simon said:

Dearest Beth, as I look at the picture of you with Caren, I see joy and pride among the sorrow. You have been such an amazing sister and friend to her throughout the years…..and it shows in your direct gazes into the camera and in both of your determinations to smile through the toughest circumstances. I am honored to call you my friend, and am deeply touched with grief on your and your family’s behalf. Much love and light to you, my dear….Sherri

On February 14th, 2013 at 8:23 pm, Sherry said:

Beth – my deepest sympathies In the loss of your sister.

On February 14th, 2013 at 10:03 pm, Beth Shepherd said:

Sherri, I am so grateful for your friendship all these years and through so much…for both of us.

On February 14th, 2013 at 10:05 pm, Liz Rutherford said:

Take care and my thoughts are with you.