Top 5 Gifts Under $30.00 for Your Favorite Photographer
[Street in Florence, Italy – July 2010]
Melinda’s 2011 List of Great Photography Gift Ideas Under $30.00
5. Magazine Subscription(s) ($10.00-$29.00): If she loves travel photography, you have two great options – a subscription to either (or both!) a photography magazine or a travel magazine (there are a wide variety of both types of magazines – here are my favorites: Photo Technique Magazine and National Geographic Traveler)
4. Lens Mug ($24.00-$30.00): Aside from photography, I really love coffee and tea. Photojojo (a very hip website offering a great newsletter and lots of fun photo accessories) sells two different Canon Mugs and a cool Nikon Mug that are made from real lens’ housings. I get tons of compliments on mine; I love using it.
3. Chalkboard Speech Bubble ($29.00): This simple idea leads to limitless photo fun! The Chalkboard Speech Bubble allows you or your subject to include snappy commentary in every photo session; it comes with chalk and has an easy-to-hold piece of wood on the back. Click on the link and check it out!
2. Retro-Flash-Cube-Looking Camera Level ($7.00): No more fixing the horizons on a photograph in Photoshop…just slip this Camera Level into a camera’s hot shoe and you will always know if you’re shooting level to the ground. A great stocking stuffer or a sweet little gift to add to a lunch box or slip into a camera bag any time of year to express your love.
1. iTunes Gift Card ($15.00-$30.00+): iTunes is more than just music! Any digital photographer would enjoy an iTunes Gift Card because it allows them to purchase and experiment with some the many amazing photo apps available for download. Photo apps range in price from $3.00 for a simple photo effect apps to $80.00 for Aperture 3 or PhotoShop Elements).