Travel Writing Contest for Women
Grand Prize winner: Rebecca Myers for Missing the Best Shot
Adventure Category winner: Maureen Fisher for Tale of the Toilet Frog
Food & Drink Category winner: Jan DeGrass for Toasting the Tuscan Kitchen
Passion Category winner: Sarah Katin for The International Expiration Date
Spiritual Category winner: Shara Johnson for My Only Prayer
Have a thrilling tale to tell? A story that pulls on heart strings (or zip-line cords)? We have four categories this year in our 6th annual WanderWomen Write Travel Writing Contest (for women). Submit your story under Adventure, Food & Drink, Passion, or Spiritual.
- Grand Prize – Six-night stay for two at the beautiful Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal on the Pacific Ocean of Costa Rica including two $600 airfare vouchers on Expedia. (Approximate total value $4,080.)
- 4 Best in Category prizes will be awarded. These winners will each receive a Briggs & Riley TORQ Carry-on bag. (Approximate value $479.)
WIN a 6-night stay at the Westin Golf Resort & Spa,
Playa Conchal, Costa Rica, including airfare vouchers!
How to win
- Write a travel story (yes, you can enter more than once!)
- Submit your travel story before 11:59 PM PST, December 31, 2013
- Winners will be announced in mid-February, 2014
The Grand Prize winner can invite a friend on this 6-night stay at the Westin Golf Resort & Spa in Playa Conchal, Costa Rica, which includes two $600 airfare vouchers from Expedia. Read more about this luxury trip for two.
Each of the four category winners will receive a TORQ carry-on bag from Briggs & Riley.
Professionals from the world of travel writing will decide the top story in each category as well as one Grand Prize winner. Judges include:
- Harriet Baskas, Travel Writer
- Rosalind Cummings-Yeates, Travel and Culture Writer
- Angela Nickerson, Writer, Photographer, Traveler
- Lauren Van Mullem – Travel Writer, Photographer
About the Westin Golf Resort & Spa
Located steps from the beach, the all-inclusive Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal on the Pacific Ocean shores of Costa Rica has everything you could ask for including two outdoor pools, on-site dining at any of the 7 restaurants, ocean views, golf.
Starwood’s first all-inclusive resort, the Westin Golf Resort & Spa sits amidst lush forest in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica on Playa Conchal. The resort is set on nearly 2,500 acres, featuring multiple swimming pools, gardens, tennis courts, a championship golf course, numerous restaurants, a spa, and more. Notable nearby attractions include Flamingo Beach, Brasilito Beach, Penca Beach, and Las Baulas de Guanacaste National Marine Park.
The hotel’s spa features a hydrotherapy Jacuzzi pool, private indoor cabins for treatments, and an extensive menu of body and facial treatments. Each of the 400+ spectacular guest rooms come equipped with a plasma TV, minibar, iPod docking station, a living room with couch, and either a balcony or terrace.
Tell Your Friends!
Forward this page to other WanderWomen to let them know about this incredible opportunity to enter this travel writing contest and to win this 6-night stay at the Westin Golf Resort & Spa, including two $600 vouchers for airfare on Expedia.
For more information about the contest:
- See how to submit your travel story.
- See our panel of judges.
- See past winners.
- See details about the Grand Prize.
- See details about the Best in Category prizes.
- See Wanderlust and Lipstick’s Terms and Conditions.
- See the contest’s Frequently Asked Questions page.